Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fourteenth Step: A Brief Interlude

It's been awhile, again, and this is gonna be a short one. The next one is all about Super King's experiences in the Arena (which, so far, is about the most amazingly lame part in a game that can be pretty amazingly lame). For now let's tie up a couple loose ends.

Super King, willful guy that he is, is easily distracted by a new quest that pops up on his roster.


You don't say...

Well there's no time to waste!! We hustle off to the frozen norths of Bravil to look up this Andragil lady and see what she has to say. Turns out she's the "Master" Block trainer, and if we complete a task for her she'll be only too happy to teach us everything we want to know about blocking and what have you.


Lay it on me, babe!

The quest is tooooooo... block for awhile while she hits you with a low damage weapon. Are you kidding me?! I thought I'd at least have to block a ferocious pterodactyl while falling off a cliff into a lake of searing lava a thousand feet below. THAT would've been a cool quest! Standing there for forty seconds with the right mouse button held is, uhm... not really as fun. Super King tends to agree with me, but as easy as it is it seems like it'd be a waste NOT to do it and have the mysterious secrets of the universe opened up to us. So we settle in our shield and she lays into us.

The test completed, Super King imagines himself soon behind a shield of crimson and gold, fending off the hordes of the uncouth barbarians that walk this land, their piercing barbs unable to find purchase due to his masterful skills at the protective arts.

It's actually not as fun as that... the lady just charges you money to level up your Block skill. Well Super King ain't no goddang SUCKER! Ain't nobody gonna charge him money for something he could get for free!! Or... that's what he'd say anyway, if it weren't for the fact that he's a lazy kannicker and he doesn't want to waste his time standing in front of a rat with his shield held in front of him. Alright lady, fine, sign me up for five levels of Block.

Now on to the next quest! Follow the creepy ghost!


Hey creepy ghost, I'm supposed to follow you!


Right into the bears... NOOOOOOOO!!!

Bears dispatched, the following of the ghost continues until we reach his hidey-hole, all locked up in the bottom of a sunken ship.


Well now. There's something you don't see every day.

The ghost's reward, and I don't want you to get too excited about this, is pirate booty. Normally pirate booty is totally cool, and Super King totally TOTALLY gets pumped up for dubloons and cutlasses, but instead it's a rotting underwater chest filled with worthless rocks and scrolls. In what universe is a diamond worth exactly jack and crap? That sucks!!

Next we're shipped out to some island to find a lady's husband. Strange statues greet our arrival.


This isn't some creepy Jesus island, is it? 'cause I'm not really into that.

It's true!! Dinosaurs have their own religion, it's called "being totally awesome and kicking ass all the time forever". Super King told me he'd let you join, but you sort of have to be a dinosaur to do it... better luck next time?

The kidnapped farmer has SO MUCH POWER that he BREAKS MY FONT COLORS!


Listen buddy, I have no idea what you just said.

But I sorta figure it out, it's like we're in that movie where Ice Tea is the hobo hunted by the rich guy for money. And if he wins he gets a whole bunch of cash and if he loses... well, you can figure it out.

The difference with this one is instead of being a naked Vietnam veteran in the forest that I get to keep all my equipment, and all I have to do is waste some losers in glass armor. It does give me lots of glass armor!

We try it on just to see what it looks like...


Wow. I'm not gonna be winning any fashion contests in this abortion they call armor.

Then the orc who organized the whole "game" jumps us and kills the farmer!! Goddangit, now I won't get sweet loving from the farmer's old lady!!

...or will I?


You'd be more intimidating saying that if your hair wasn't made up like an R&B Diva circa 1994.

Next! We have to reunite some twin brothers in Cheydinhal or something!! The townspeople don't seem to get that there are people that look exactly like other people, called twins, and call on the superior intellect of the dinosaur people to solve this peculiar dilemma. Super King accomplishes this feat with the ancient, lost art of INTRODUCING THEM TO EACH OTHER.


Are you sure I'm not just looking into a MAGICAL MYSTICAL MIRROR?!

Then we get to drink beer!!


Brother, you are speaking my language.


He doesn't, but only because I already stole it... er... I mean... let's drink some more!!

Returning to town, we find out that the magical sword we found in a nearby cave once belonged to the town of Chorrol, and what's more it was stolen by the father of the twins and that's why they were separated!! Or something... anyway, this Thieves Guild fence tells us to give it to him...


I will gladly waive all payment if you get a dang haircut

...but he just offers us some piddly sum of money. Instead Super King does the 'right thing' and returns it to its rightful owners, some bitchy noble woman in Chorrol's castle. We're justly rewarded with...

A shield.


This is what the Romans used to call 'irony'.

I know it's not irony.

Well, at least that block training won't go to waste!!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

another episode. Not quite as coherent as the others, but just as fun!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Spindrift said...

You should be happy, that's a very good shield. The Reflect Damage 35% will make you a melee death machine!

11:59 PM  
Blogger metamay said...

We want 15th step and we want it NOW. ;)

12:05 PM  
Blogger metamay said...

No 15? :(

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To bad... I wouldave loved to hear of Super kings exploits in the other daedric shrine quests. Or the main quest.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Linux software,news mobile ,games
http://italiagame.org

G'night

7:02 AM  
Anonymous HighwayWhore said...

Dude, come on. More please? It's fantasically well done, and now I'm out of non-intelligent stuff to read!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tuvijudas.o-f.com/xujyryb.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://obakepew.freewaywebhost.com/jycaqy.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings,
I just registered and wanted to pop in and introduce myself to the people. Let me just say that it is a fantastic forum that you have here.

Here are some other web sites and blogs that might be of interest to you.

[url=http://skintoday.info]skintoday.info[/url] - skintoday.info
[url=http://skintoday.info]skincareblog.info[/url] - skincareblog.info
[url=http://skintoday.info]skinsmart.info[/url] - skinsmart.info
[url=http://skintoday.info]skincareshop.info[/url] - skincareshop.info

skin care products and tips and tricks

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a correct companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

11:13 PM  
Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home